Hello, my name is Matt, and it’s been 93 days since my last jump. I’ve been trying to get a jump in for a couple of weeks now. The weather has not cooperated much this fall/winter season. Since we returned to an El Niño weather pattern this fall, getting jumps in has been rather difficult. It’s been cloudy and rainy—great for alleviating summer’s drought.
It cleared up this weekend. Yesterday was a bit windy, so I decided to wait until this morning. I called the DZ, and though it was cloudy, they said to come on out since the forecast called for the clouds to clear within a couple of hours of sunrise. Due to the lapse in my jumps, I had to do a extensive emergency procedures review. Greg, my frequent instructor, was in charge of making sure I still remembered everything. After we reviewed everything, I got my usual pack and checked it out. Thus began the waiting. I had anticipated it being busy, so I brought my Kindle along for some reading. I got a couple of chapters in before noon and realized it wasn’t going to clear up. They were going to give it about another half hour before calling it for the day, but I decided to leave.
I was feeling pretty nervous on the way out. With such a big lapse in jumps, I had way too long to think about it. So I’m glad I was able to go out today and relax. By the time I left, I felt a lot better. I think with the chiropractic care and some work we did today on ways to keep my arch, I will well on L2 attempt 4 when I finally get to do it. Hoping for blue skies on Saturday!